Do you want to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac? If so, there’re some easy steps to get it done. Here, I will cover how to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac.
Storing your contacts on your iPhone allows you to keep and save all the contact information in one place. But if you want access to those contacts on your Mac, you need to sync them.
This prevents you from losing any data in the event of an iPhone malfunction.
You can call friends and family from different devices. The methods I will provide are simple, and you will have to select the one that best suits your needs.
How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to Mac via iCloud
This method is simple. You only require to have an iCloud account.
1. On your iPhone, open the Settings app and click or tap your name at the top of the screen.
2. Tap the iCloud option and log in with your Apple ID. Enable the Contacts option.
3. On your Mac, open the System Preferences app and click on iCloud.
4. Login with your Apple ID and enable the Contacts option.
5. Your contacts will now be synced across all your devices.
Now go to your Mac systems Contacts app to see that all your contacts have been synced. You should see your iPhone contact list.
How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to Mac via iTunes
iTunes provides an easy way to sync contacts from your iPhone to your Mac. Here are the steps:
1. Connect iPhone to your Mac with a USB cable.
2. Open iTunes on your Mac and select your device from the list of devices.
3. Click the Info tab and check the box next to Sync Contacts.
4. Click Apply and just wait for the sync process to complete.
5. your contacts will be synced to your Mac when it’s finished.
By using iTunes, you can easily sync contacts from iPhone to Mac. This ensures that all your contacts are always up to date.
iPhone to Your Mac without iCloud
1. Launch Finder or iTunes on your Mac and connect your phone. You should use a USB cable.
2. Select the device name which is in the Finder environment. It is listed on the sidebar
3. Click on the ‘Info‘ tab, then select the box next to ‘Sync Contacts with.’
4. Choose ‘Contacts‘ as your syncing option from the drop-down list.
5. Click on ‘Apply‘ to confirm the changes and start syncing.
6. When the sync is complete, the contacts will be easily transferred from iPhone to Mac.
7. You can also choose to sync only selected contacts by deselecting the checkbox next to ‘All contacts.’
8. Once you’re done, Click the ‘Done‘ button to access the contacts in your Mac address book.
This is an easy and effective way to transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac without using iCloud. You can also use it to sync your contacts from Mac to iPhone.
iPhone to Mac via Airdrop
Here, we need to ensure that your iPhone and Mac are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Turn the Bluetooth on for both devices. For turning on the iPhone Bluetooth: Settings>Bluetooth>Toggle ON.
To turn on the Mac Bluetooth: Apple menu > System Preferences > Bluetooth > Turn On.
Now, you can use Airdrop to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac:
1. On your iPhone, you will need to turn on Airdrop. Go to Control Center -> Network settings -> Tap on AirDrop and choose “Contacts only” or “Everyone.”
2. open the Finder window on your Mac and select AirDrop from the left sidebar.
3. Now, open the Contacts app on your iPhone and tap ‘Share Contact.’ Click on “Allow me to be discovered by” and select “Everyone” or “Contacts Only.”
4. Again, go back to the Finder window on Mac, and you should see your iPhone listed.
Select it and click “Done” to start syncing contacts from iPhone to Mac. Go back to your iPhone and tap on the contact app.
Tap the contact name and select “Share Contact.” Your Mac should now receive a request to accept the shared contacts from your iPhone.
Your contacts are now successfully synced to your Mac. You can use the same method for syncing multiple contacts from iPhone to Mac. Following these steps will make the process smooth and efficient.
How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to Mac Address Book
1. On the iPhone, open Settings and go to Contacts.
2. Select Accounts and tap Add Account.
3. Choose Exchange and enter your Apple ID.
4. Enter the password associated with your Apple ID and press Next.
5. Enable the Contacts to switch and press Save.
6. On your Mac, open System Preferences and select iCloud.
7. Select Synchronize Contacts and press Done.
8. Now, all your contacts from the iPhone are synced to the Mac Address Book.
Why is My iCloud Not Sync My Contacts?
There are several potential reasons why your iCloud contacts are not syncing. These include;
1. Insufficient storage space – If the iCloud storage is full, it cannot store any new contacts.
To fix this, upgrade the iCloud storage plan or delete old files and folders from your iCloud.
2. Poor internet connection – You need a strong, reliable internet connection for iCloud to sync contacts correctly. Ensure that your internet connection is stable, and try syncing again.
3. Outdated software – If your device or iCloud software needs to be updated, it may affect the sync process. Make sure that you are using the latest version of both.
4. Incorrect settings – Check your device’s iCloud settings to ensure that Contacts is enabled and set to sync.
If you still have issues with syncing contacts, contact Apple Support for further guidance. They will be able to help you find and fix any problems.
Read More: Why is One AirPod Louder than the Other?
Now that you know how to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac, it’s time to start! Use any of the abovementioned methods, and you’ll soon have all your contacts synced up.
You can sync your contacts quickly and easily with iCloud, AirDrop, and the Mac Address Book.
Remember to check your iCloud settings and make sure that contact syncing is enabled. If you encounter any issues, reach out to Apple Support for assistance.